This post is a continuation of the previous post ..if you are new to this place then you can find the previous post here … I have followed the same schematic which i used in the previous post ..but due to poor implementation ‘Version 1’ of the project was somewhat of a failure.
Anyhow i will post the pictures which i had taken of the project
Picture 1 : Components Required.
Picture 2 : PCB with holes drilled ..i had planned to make the led arrangement on one pcb and the remaining circuitry on the other and stack them one over the other using bolt and nuts.
Picture 3 : The base circuitry having all components(ICs have not been inserted) except for the leds.
Picture 4 : The Completed Circuit : Upper board – led arrangement ,Lower board – rest of the circuit.
Reasons which i felt led to the disaster
>>Tried to implement a circuit whose performance was not upto the mark during testing on the Breadboard.
>>Poor layout planning of the PCB.
>>Hurried up the whole process (due to excitement! ;)).
No time to feel sad people as Version 2 of the VU Meter is in its design stage 🙂 🙂 fingers crossed for that 🙂
Guys u might have observed the url of my blog on every picture in this post ..this is something which i thought of at the last moment ..and well it may become a standard feature in all posts.. if i find it cool!!