Connecting to the internet via a Nokia 5800 on ubuntu is very simple…
- Nokia 5800 with 3g connectivity and data cable .
- Ubuntu as your Operating System .
- “Modem Manager” package ( comes preinstalled with ubuntu 10.10 else sudo apt-get install modemmanager ) .
- Connect the phone via USB to the PC .
- Set your Nokia 5800 to “PC Suite” mode
- Left click on the Network Manager icon and choose “New Mobile Broadband Connection” .
- Choose the default values in the wizard .
- Success!! choose ur entry( in my case its cellone ) …Now you are online via 3g ….
This is one more example to show how easy it is to get things done with Linux … Enjoy your 3g experience !!!
(Information for the post gathered mainly from alandoyle and from many other sources)